- Provides a safe space where painful stories and feelings can be explored
- Helps reduce your symptoms – for example, stress, anxiety, depression, irritability
- Improves your ability to cope with life and its stressors
- Helps you understand how, and why, you have become who you are
- Helps you grow in self awareness, confidence, and happiness
- Helps you develop more satisfying intimate relationships
- Develops a strengthened sense of inner identity and freedom to be who you are
Please call or contact me to talk about which option will be the most beneficial for you or if you are unsure of anything.Psychotherapy can help you to deal with Emotional and Psychological Distress
Psychotherapy has helped many people deal with emotional and psychological distress which can be experienced in many ways including:
- Feelings of anxiety and/or panic
- Feelings of depression, sadness, grief or emptiness
- Dealing with losses such as bereavement, divorce, loss of employment, retirement
- Marital issues
- Difficulty in dealing with stress, or recovering from stressful situations
- Lack of confidence or excessive shyness
- Extreme mood swings
- Traumatic life experiences, including physical or sexual abuse.
- Difficulty making or sustaining intimate relationships
- Repeatedly becoming involved in unsatisfying or destructive relationships
- Self harm
- Alcohol issues
- Problems with food and body image
- Difficulties with strong emotions, such as anger
- Cross cultural adjustment
- Post Natal Depression and Bipolar Disorder
Life Skills Programme
Do you have intense emotions such as anxiety, depression, frustration, overwhelming sadness, anger, jealousy and mood swings? Would you like to learn a set of skills that will help you deal with these emotions?
With the Life Skills Programme you will learn a series of invaluable skills such as:
- Distress Tolerance
- Sensory Modulation
- Emotional Regulation
- Interpersonal Effectiveness
Come to a skillful behaviour teaching group, where the focus is on active learning!
Please contact Kathryn Ryan to find out more about the Life Skills Programme.
Sensory Modulation Group
Experience the benefits of sensory modulation
- Improve your ability to self-soothe
- Learn how to energise when needed
- Develop tools to manage heightened feelings and calm in times of emotional storm.
- Increase your self- awareness, by improving your ability to recognize triggers and warning signs of distress
- Increase your awareness of the body – mind connection.
- Improve your self-esteem and confidence
- Support your ability to engage in other therapies
- Increase participation in self-care, work, social, leisure and other meaningful activities